Oral & IV Sedation From Your Dentist in Wall, NJ
Call Us About Oral & IV Sedation Today
- Helps calm fears and anxiety some patients have about dental visits
- Allows for more treatments to be completed in fewer visits
- Helps ensure that dental health is prioritized and maintained
- Gives dentists the opportunity to diagnose and care for problems before they become larger issues
- Beneficial for those with a strong gag reflex and/or sensitive gums and teeth.
Dental anxiety is a common condition known to affect an average of 36 % of the US population, with a further 12 % of people reporting extreme dental fear. That said, it doesn’t have to stop you from getting the dental care you need. Our friendly and calming team at Oliverie Dental in Wall, NJ offers sedation options to patients for a host of procedures and treatment, enabling us to do everything we can to ensure your comfort and care.
What is oral sedation?
With options that vary from minimal to moderate, patients who choose oral sedation will swallow a pill approximately one hour before their visit. Dosages can be customized to meet each patient’s needs, with small doses causing drowsiness and moderate doses causing a groggy effect that may induce a light sleep during treatment.
What is IV sedation?
Injected via an IV into a patient’s vein, this type of sedative drug produces results quickly. Based on the treatment and the patient, the dosage can be added to or minimized by the dentist to best suit their comfort level and needs.
Have additional questions about our sedation options and whether they’re right for you? Call our office today? Our goal is to ensure that each of our patients receives the comprehensive, friendly dental care they need to maintain their best oral health.